OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY, Stillwater, Oklahoma - 1982
Graduate Study: Applied Mathematics in Engineering
OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY, Stillwater, Oklahoma - 1980
Bachelor of Science: Mechanical Engineering
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Over 20 years of experience in Air Quality area, working knowledge of 4 air Districts in California (San Diego, SCAQMD, San Joaquin, and Yolo Solano). Knowledge of local air issues, GHG program, Acid Rain and Title V. Comprehensive knowledge of Power Plant permitting process and compliance issues with local, state and federal government.
5/2015 - PRESENT - ABATE TECHNOLOGIES INTERNATIONAL, LOS ANGELES, CA
Consulting / Project Engineer
Prepare emission reports. Conduct air emissions surveys and inventories. Coordinate with state and local agencies to obtain equipment permits. Evaluate source test protocols. Prepare project proposals and perform cost analyses. Assist in the design of air pollution control systems. Assist customers in achieving compliance with air pollution regulations.
4/1/07 to 4/15/2015 - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EDSION, ROSEMEAD, CA.
Sr. Environmental Engineer
- In charge of SCE's Green House Gas (GHG) program. The responsibilities were compliance, interaction with agencies collecting data and generate annual reports. Submitted GHG reports electronically to EPA and CARB.
- I was in charge SCE's SF6 compliance and emission reporting. I provided in-house compliance training for the operators. I collected the data from the operation generated annual report. I interacted with agencies for compliance and interpenetration of the regulations. I submitted annual SF6 report to CARB and EPA electronically.
- I was in charge of SCE Acid Rain program I was responsible for compliance and generate annual report. I interacted with operation and generation team for compliance and data collection. I submitted the annual emission report to EPA electronically.
- I was a member of the SCE Air Quality Team. I provided technical support for Air Quality rules compliance, Title V, Permit issues, and provide training. I for SCE's interacted with SCAQMD, CARB and EPA for compliance, rules interpretation and enforcement issues.
- Expert on CEMS. Provided technical support to SCE generation group. Evaluated the CEMS data for compliance and potential enforcement issues. Collected the CEMS data to generate reports for GHG, Acid Rain program. Provided CEMS training for SCE staff.
1/05 - 3/07 - CALPEAK, SAN DIEGO, CA
Environmental Health and Safety Engineer
In charge and responsible for of all environmental, Health and Safety Programs of CalPeak's five (5) power generating facilities within the state of California at three counties:
- Air Quality - Obtain permit, permit report write-up, enforcement issues, compliance programs, source testing review, and interaction with local pollution control districts.
- Title V - Program review, update, certification compliance program, interaction with local, state and federal agencies regarding the issues and compliance.
- RATA - Review the test protocols, evaluate the test results and submission to local pollution control district.
- CEMS - Monitoring emissions for five power generating facilities, data acquisition for report write up and compliance, annual emissions data, episode review.
- Hazardous Material Business Plan - Update, compliance program, and training, inspection and interaction with local agencies.
- Spill Prevention Plan - Update, compliance program, and training, inspection and interaction with local agencies.
- Health and Safety Program - Implement safety training program, OSHA program review, evaluate safety procedures and equipment.
2/00 - 12/04 - ABATE TECHNOLOGIES INTERNATIONAL, LOS ANGELES, CA
Consulting (Project Engineer)
Assisted in the design of air pollution control systems. Conducted emissions surveys and inventories. Coordinated with state and local agencies and obtained site and equipment permits. Evaluated emissions source test protocols. Created project proposals and performed cost analyses. Interacted with customers to modify system designs. Assisted customers in achieving compliance with air pollution regulations.
3/91 - 2/00 ANGLES MANUFACTURING, CHINO, CA
Hazardous Material Business Plan, update, compliance program, training, inspection and interaction with local agencies; interacted with customers regarding design modifications. Obtained all the necessary permits for operation and assured compliance with regulatory agencies. Optimized existing operations to reduce operating and labor costs. Acted as a liaison with SCAQMD, CARB, CALSOHA and Sanitation District.
9/89 - 2/91 - TETRA TECH, INC., PASADENA, CALIFORNIA
Consultant (Air Quality Engineer)
Responsible for proposal preparation, cost estimates and project scheduling for air quality issues related to various environmental projects. Functions included interpretation of air quality regulations and evaluation of pollution control systems. Served as a liaison between clients and regulatory agencies. Designed pollution control systems for remedial projects and obtained permits for various locations thereby reducing project cost and completion time.
7/85 - 7/89 - SOUTH COAST AIR QUALITY MANAGEMENT DISTRICT (SCAQMD),
DIAMOND BAR, CA
Air Quality Engineer
Was the lead air quality engineer that issued Permits to Construct and Operate to power plants and wasterwater treatments facilities in South Coast air basin. Tasks also included engineering calculations, evaluation of applicable regulations and interaction with vendors. Responsibility also included facility inspection, operation compliance, evaluating the source test results and enforcement issues. Interacted with other government agencies such as EPA and CARB regarding source test method procedures and emissions limits.